COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) has adopted Mask Required and a Vaccination Required policy for all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual and support staff, and GSA staff at the 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting in Indianapolis, IN. This means eveyone in attendance is required to be up to date vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine and a single booster in order to be permitted to attend the in-person meeting.
Requirements and Protocols:
- Attendees must be up to date vaccinated includes a minimum of 1-booster with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). A list of approved vaccines can be found here.
- Everyone must show proof of up to date COVID-19 vaccination, meaning a person has received all recommended vaccines and 1-booster, and we strongly encourage everyone to test 2-days prior to arrival to ensure your negative results.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for all individuals registering for the in-person meeting. No exemptions. A conference badge will not be issued to anyone who has not completed the proof of vaccination verification process.
- When registering, please have a copy of your vaccination card available to upload.
- When entering your proof of vaccination, your name and COVID-19 vaccine information must be visible. If you would prefer to cover your date of birth or other personal health information on the card, you are permitted and encouraged to do so. GSA will keep this information stored in a secure system until the meeting ends, at which time the information will be deleted from the system. GSA will notify individuals by email on the date the information is deleted from the system. GSA will not use the uploaded information for any purpose other than verification of vaccination status for attendance at the in-person Annual Scientific Meeting.
- If you have already registered and need to provide additional updates to your record, please login to the GSA Dashboard, select My Event Registration, select the edit button next to GSA 2022 event, and complete the proof of vaccination process.
- Again, any attendee, exhibitor, or GSA staff member who does not meet these requirements is NOT considered fully vaccinated to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Onsite catering and concession outlets will follow health and safety precautions as required by the City of Indianapolis.
- Hand sanitization stations are available to encourage frequent hand sanitization.
- GSA will have extra masks onsite at the registration desk.
- Masks must be worn at the meeting except when eating. Please be aware of others around you when eating and implement some social distancing when possible.
- Note: the convention center hallways are public space and there will be up to three other groups meeting in a separate area of the center during GSA 2022.
- The convention center in response to COVID-19 has installed hospital-grade air filters and 24/7 air circulation during events.
If you begin to exhibit any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, we encourage you to follow CDC guidelines. Please visit Indianapolis testing sites, see link below for locations. Should you test positive while onsite, please inform GSA VP, Operations firstname.lastname@example.org of your positive results.
While not onsite at the conference, attendees are encouraged to follow best health and safety practices and requirements set by the City of Indianapolis and travel guidelines set by the CDC. GSA recommends attendees self-test for COVID-19 2-days before travel to the Annual Meeting. For your health and safety, we encourage you to please take advantage of all available options for vaccination.