COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) has adopted a Vaccination Required policy for all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual and support staff, and GSA staff at the 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting in Indianapolis, IN. This means eveyone in attendance is required to be up to date vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine and a single booster (received one or more original (monovalent) boosters or the new (bivalent) booster in order to be permitted to attend the in-person meeting. Masks are recomended.
Requirements and Protocols:
- Attendees must be up to date vaccinated as indicated above with a COVID-19 vaccines approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). A list of approved vaccines can be found here.
- Everyone must show proof of up to date COVID-19 vaccination, and we strongly encourage everyone to test 2-days prior to arrival to ensure your negative results.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for all individuals registering for the in-person meeting. No exemptions. A conference badge will not be issued to anyone who has not completed the proof of vaccination verification process.
- When registering, please have a copy of your vaccination card available to upload.
- When entering your proof of vaccination, your name and COVID-19 vaccine information must be visible. If you would prefer to cover your date of birth or other personal health information on the card, you are permitted and encouraged to do so. GSA will keep this information stored in a secure system until the meeting ends, at which time the information will be deleted from the system. GSA will notify individuals by email on the date the information is deleted from the system. GSA will not use the uploaded information for any purpose other than verification of vaccination status for attendance at the in-person Annual Scientific Meeting.
- If you have already registered and need to provide additional updates to your record, please login to the GSA Dashboard, select My Event Registration, select the edit button next to GSA 2022 event, and complete the proof of vaccination process.
- Again, any attendee, exhibitor, or GSA staff member who does not meet these requirements is NOT considered up to date vaccinated to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Onsite catering and concession outlets will follow health and safety precautions as required by the City of Indianapolis.
- Hand sanitization stations are available to encourage frequent hand sanitization.
- GSA will have extra masks onsite at the registration desk.
- Masks are recommended but GSA will follow the City of Indianapolis requirements.
- Note: the convention center hallways are public space and there will be up to three other groups meeting in a separate area of the center during GSA 2022.
- The convention center in response to COVID-19 has installed hospital-grade air filters and 24/7 air circulation during events.
If you begin to exhibit any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, we encourage you to follow CDC guidelines. Please visit Indianapolis testing sites, see link below for locations. Should you test positive while onsite, please inform GSA VP, Operations email@example.com of your positive results.
While not onsite at the conference, attendees are encouraged to follow best health and safety practices and requirements set by the City of Indianapolis. GSA recommends attendees self-test for COVID-19 2-days before travel to the Annual Meeting. For your health and safety, we encourage you to please take advantage of all available options for vaccination.