COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) has adopted a Vaccination Required policy for all attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual and IT support staff, and GSA staff at the 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting in Indianapolis, IN. This means that attendees, exhibitors, press, audio visual and IT support staff, and GSA staff are required to be fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine in order to be permitted to attend the in-person meeting.
Requirements and Protocols:
- Attendees must be fully up to date vaccinated includes boosters with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). A list of approved vaccines can be found here.
- Everyone must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, which means up to date with current boosters, and we strongly encourage everyone to test prior to arrival to ensure your negative results.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for all individuals registering for the in-person meeting. No exemptions. A conference badge will not be issued to anyone who has not completed the proof of vaccination verification process.
- When registering, please have a copy of your vaccination card.
- When registering, please have a copy of your vaccination card available to upload.
- When entering your proof of vaccination, your name and COVID-19 vaccine information must be visible. If you would prefer to cover your date of birth or other personal health information on the card, you are permitted and encouraged to do so. GSA will keep this information stored in a secure system until the meeting ends, at which time the information will be deleted from the system. GSA will notify individuals by email on the date the information is deleted from the system. GSA will not use the uploaded information for any purpose other than verification of vaccination status for attendance at the in-person Annual Scientific Meeting.
- If you have already registered and need to provide additional updates to your record, please login to the GSA Dashboard, select My Event Registration, select the edit button next to GSA 2022 event, and complete the proof of vaccination process.
- Again, any attendee, exhibitor, or GSA staff member who does not meet these requirements is NOT considered fully vaccinated.
- Onsite catering and concession outlets will follow health and safety precautions as required by the City of Indianapolis.
- Hand sanitization stations are be placed throughout venues to encourage frequent hand sanitization.
If you begin to exhibit any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, we encourage you to follow CDC guidelines. Please visit Indianapolis testing sites. Should you test positive while onsite, please inform GSA VP, Operations firstname.lastname@example.org of your positive results.
While not onsite at the conference, attendees are encouraged to follow best health and safety practices and requirements set by the City of Indianapolis and travel guidelines set by the CDC.