Call for Abstracts
Late Breaking Abstract Submissions closed on August 18, 2022.
Please read the abstract submission planning guide in its entirety. This guide includes submission criteria, guidelines, program areas, and a worksheet.
Abstract submissions closed March 3, 2022.
- Enhance your career by presenting your research at the most prestigious gathering of experts in the field of aging
- Discuss your study findings with nearly 4,000 attendees from more than 36 countries
- Multiple presentation options include papers, posters, and symposia
- Accepted abstracts are published in Innovation in Aging, a fully Open Access online journal of The Gerontological Society of America
- Over $10,000 in travel grants available to early career investigators, trainees, and students participating in the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Dozens of journalists cover the GSA Annual Scientific Meeting; abstracts have been referenced in outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, NBC News, BBC, Reuters, Associated Press, Time, U.S. News & World Report, and others—with millions of media impressions each year!
The abstract submission fee is a processing fee that is nonrefundable (regardless of acceptance). Once the abstract has been submitted, it is considered processed.
- Professional Paper or Poster: $40
- Student Paper or Poster: $25
- Symposium: $50
- Tuesday, May 31—Abstract Acceptance/Non-Acceptance Email Notifications to Submitters
- Thursday, July 7, 2022—Abstract Schedule Email Notifications to Speakers
- Friday, July 8 – August 18, 2022—Late Breaking Poster Abstract Submission Open
- Monday, July 25, 2022—Abstract Withdrawal Deadline
- End of September—Late Breaking Abstract Email Notifications to Submitters
All presenters are required to register to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement issue of Innovation in Aging, under the title: Program Abstracts from the GSA 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting. The Abstract Book will be available electronically only.
The abstract information published in the Abstract Book will appear exactly as provided in the abstract submission (i.e., author information: names, institution/organization, city, state, country; abstract title; abstract text).
For any speaker-related questions and/or comments, email email@example.com.